Giardia Test at Home provides the most accurate results possible, since we use the most advanced test available (ELISA snap test) to detect Giardia. SAVE 50-70%. SAVE TIME-just mail the sample to our Veterinary Lab. FAST WRITTEN RESULTS. We email, fax, or mail within 24 hours of receipt.
It is very unreliable to test for Giardia by checking the fecal sample for the Giardia cysts. They are rarely found this way. All veterinarians now use a special Idexx antigen-antibody test for Giardia which is the test we use to get the most reliable results. See below.
Q. How do you diagnose Giardia?
A. Giardia is very difficult to diagnose with a microscope, so the fecal smear that is rarely performed any more is unreliable. As a result Idexx has developed an antibody-antigen test, that is reliable, to detect Giardia. The test needs to be performed on a fresh sample or one that has been frozen (refrigerated) and shipped overnight. This test is reliable, but still not 100% accurate.
Q. Do you test for Giardia?
A. Yes, we test for Giardia, but you must call in advance, mail it on specific days, and follow our mailing instructions. We offer this service to all pet owners, humane or rescue groups, pet stores, breeders, etc. and have special volume discounts.
Q. When Do We Test for Giardia?
A. Test all puppies, adults, and pets that have diarrhea ASAP. Most veterinarians will treat puppies if positive, or if any pet has clinical signs. Use the Test@Home for canine disease (performed by veterinarians) prior to breeding, buying, or selling dogs. It is easy and conveinient to do a check up on your dog and all pets for worms and parsites to insure the best health and stay on top of canine disease between visits to your Veterinarian.
Our Mix or Match Pet Testing Volume Discount Program:
These prices are rock bottom prices!! Huge Savings! Combine any test in each package mailed for the best volume price. Call for a quotation depending on your volume.
Level I: Send us 15 or more samples at the same time in the same container of any combination of tests (fecal worms, giardia, feline leukemia, or heartworm). We will test at the prices shown. Send us at least 15 samples at a time at least once a month for a total of at least 301 a year to qualify for Level I.
Level II: Send us 10 or more samples at the same time in the same container of any combination of tests (fecal worms, giardia, feline leukemia, or heartworm). We will test at the prices shown. Send us at least 10 samples at least once a month for a total of at least 151-300 a year to qualify for Level II.
Level III: Send us 5 or more samples at the same time in the same container of any combination of tests (fecal worms, giardia, feline leukemia, or heartworm). We will test at the prices shown. Send us at least 5 samples at least once a month for a total of at least 60-150 a year to qualify for Level III.
The fee for initial samples mailed during the first month will be assessed at Level III. After that the proper price level will be evaluated monthly and credits or debits will be assessed to your account.
- Add On: If you include a payment of $12 with your heartworm test, we will test for lyme and ehrlichia, as well as heartworm.
- Certificates: If you would like an individual written certificate verifying that a specific animal pet was negative for the various diseases, please include $5 per pet tested. We will list all those diseases that tested negative on one certificate.
All samples (except Giardia samples which must be frozen) can be sent in any sealable container and mailed first class. For stool samples, place only 1-2 teaspoons of stool in two plastic zip-lock bags. Place all stool samples in a larger, outer plastic bag. Freeze the samples for submission as Giardia.
Multi-Level Discount Program for Testing Multiple Pets
Minimum/submission Fecal Giradia Heartworm Minimum/yr
|LEVEL I||20+||$10.95||$25.65||$16.00||180 or more|
Minimum/submission Fecal Giradia Heartworm Minimum/yr
|LEVEL I||20+||$10.95||$16.00||180 OR MORE|
Lab Certificates, if desired, listing all negative results will be provided at $3/certificate per pet. Prices for 3-5 samples submitted at one time and at least 20-60 per year is: Fecal ($14.50), Giardia ($35), Feline Leukemia ($21), and heartworm test ($21). If anticipate your volumes will be greater per year please call for a quote.
HOW TO HANDLE GIARDIA FECAL SAMPLES?
Call, fax, or e-mail us for the heparinized blood tubes needed for a HEARTW♥RM TEST At Home which tests for Heartworm disease, and if requested Lyme disease, and Ehrlichia tick born disease. We assume you have a tech to collect the heartworm sample or know how to do a normal nail trim. When you do accidentally get to close to the quick, collect 3-5 drops of blood into the enclosed vial and send to us.
For the feline leukemia sample, place the paper strip in cats mouth until moistened-send only the moisted part to us.
How do I process the sample, lab forms, and mailing?
1. Collect a sample from each animal. Please mail samples M-Wed. to be sure we get them prior to Fri. PM.
2. Place inside 2 plastic zip lock bags and clearly print/mark the identity of the animal (name or number) on the outside bag. 3. Place all sample bags inside 1-3 bags large enough hold all samples and securely seal. 4. Clearly print/write each customer and animal name in one lab submission form and clearly mark which test's) you wish performed on that animal (MAKE A DUPLICATE FOR YOURSELF). 5. Place the lab form as well as your payment inside a separate double set of plastic bags. 6. Place everything inside a mailing container(styrofoam mailers work best and are inexpensive), then tape closed with 2" packaging tape to seal airtight . 7. All tests can be sent via first class mail, or as expedited priority mail. Giardia tests must be submitted frozen/cooled then overnight delivery following the suggestions above.
How are results sent? We fax the same lab submission form that you sent to our lab back to you within 24 hours of receipt (M-F), with all results indicated on that form. There is a $3.00 charge per pet for any individual test results or certificates. All separate reports generated or copied must be with our permission at a small fee.
GIARDIA TEST At HOME provides the most accurate results possible. We use the most advanced test available (ELISA snap test) to detect Giardia.
● SAVE 50-70% -- most Veterinarians charge $ 60-80 to perform this same test.
● SAVE TIME-just mail the sample to our Veterinary Lab. Freeze the sample, then mail as express/overnight delivery. Mail 5-100 in the same mailer.
● FAST WRITTEN RESULTS for all animals tested on one lab report which we email, fax, or mail. We process within 24 hours, Mon.-Fri. Please mail samples M-Wed.
Symptoms of disease can be confused with worms in dogs or worms in cats which are:
diarrhea, stool problems, loose stool, weight loss. Puppies, kittens, dogs, cats and rabbits can get giardia but it is most common in younger pets especially pets that been confined with large numbers of animals housed together such as humane societies, pet stores, animal dog pounds, and kennels. It is not uncommon to purchase a pet which has intestinal parsites such as worms and the hookworm, round worm, whipworm, coccidia, and/or tapeworms. Treating dogs with worms is inexpensive since you can use OTC wormers. Test at home with a Test@Home as well as the Giardia test if your pet has any of these signs of disease.